Tips for Creatives.
Just some good rules of thumb when working with Clients:
1. Assume they have a creative background or an understanding of how production works until proven otherwise.
2. Know that they have a lot of pressure on them from their own internal politics. Clients have clients, too.
3. Clients don’t always need formal presentations, check-ins along the way can save both sides time and resources.
4. Don’t sugar coat. If there’s a problem on-set or in production, be honest and let the client help solve it. (when applicable)
5. Leave your ego at the door.